Saturday, March 14, 2015

Typography Images

Typography is the study of the design of typefaces, and the way in which the type is laid out on a page to best achieve the desired visual effect and to best convey the meaning of the reading matter. Typography is also the art or process of printing with type. The work of setting and arranging types and of printing from them. Also the general character or appearance of printed matter.  It can be used with images to make an impact by blending and making it look like there's words that described the person in the picture which is a person that inspires you. So it makes a very good impact on a Portrait Photography of someone. My biggest challenge during this project was to put the words into the image because the background had too be black so I had too make a layer filled with black and then put the image into the words and background so I used the Mask Layer Effect. I overcame this issue by watching very closely on what my teacher was doing on the Photoshop document. After I watched Mr.Sanderl do the example again I kind of got the hang of it.
This is my practice typography image: Salman Khan. It was kind of hard too put the image into the mask later effect because I did couple times wrong. I would say this is not my favorite typography image because it kind of looks just bland and boring. On this image I used the command+J a new key I didn't know about. The key actually made the image too how it turn brighter and so you could see the words better. So therefore, this image was really hard too make but only if you look really closely you know what exactly what too do.


This is my teacher typography image. This is my favorite image because I can actually see the words and read them instead of looking at a bunch of text. This is different from my practice image because it has her own words on what explains her. It also has a gradient layer on the text and her favorite color is yellow so I picked this gradient.
This can also be different from my practice image because I know who this person is but I don't know who Salman Khan is because he's not from here. This picture explains what my teacher likes to do on her free time, what's her favorite color, what's her favorite ice cream and dessert.





This is my Me typography. This image represents me in many ways. It represents me by saying cheerleader because I love to be a cheerleader. Love represents me because I love my family and friends. The beach represents me because I go to the beach a lot and love the water. I'm still working on my me typography. But I know it's going to turn out great and awesome! This image is different from my other images because it symbolizes who I am. This image is going to be finished by the time I get back to school because I know that I will get this image finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Video Finale

Welcome Back! On to the next project, Music Videos. For our new project I have three teammates and the team leader is Alaka'i then m...