Friday, September 2, 2016

Poetic Personal Statement


Hey guys it's my first blog post of the year! Even though I am not a poetic person I think that poetry is a type of literature that uses rhythms to make meanings to a poem. Poems can be any type of emotion or feeling and poems sometimes for me it makes me feel calm. I think that poetry is used for making somebody feel what the poem is saying. For example if the poem is talking about happiness it will most likely make you happy and if its talking about sadness you'll maybe feel sad. You don't need to be a poetic person to create a poem just find the words that rhyme and what makes you or the audience feel a type of way. Poetry can also be used to calm somebody down because you can vision your at a relaxing place like the beach because of how the poem describes it.

Once in a while I smile
Fears appear to clear as I cheer worthwhile
While having a Solid idea of Knowledge to go to college in style
And Yearning for Learning every once in a while
My accomplishments have been made through trials
I will succeed, this local girl from the Hawaiian isles

The way I use rhythm is when I am having trouble I use rhyme zone it helps me find words that rhyme with the words I already have. I used rhyme zone because I can't rhyme that well myself in fact I don't really like making poems that rhyme because It is very hard to do. I used rhyme words because it made my emotions feel real in the poem. I also used rhythm because the audience can also be excited when they read it instead of being tired and bored the whole time. I used rhyme by finding words that have the same syllables as smile like worthwhile, style, once in a while and trial. If words sound the same or if some sounds at the end sound the same then it can be used as a rhyme. I also used rhyming words because I like the way it makes a poem flow when you read it because it makes you vision what the person who wrote it was describing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Video Finale

Welcome Back! On to the next project, Music Videos. For our new project I have three teammates and the team leader is Alaka'i then m...