Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Scratch Game Design


INSTRUCTIONS FOR PLATFORMER GAME
Your job is to move the right arrow key, the left arrow key, and the spacebar to beat this game.
Avoid obstacles in the way of you if you touch them you get 1 death beat the clock and don't get 5 deaths or it will be GAME OVER!.
Beat the clock and get no 5 deaths then congratulations you have beaten my game.

User experience influenced my game by telling what do people like to see in games like people like to see words pop up and they also like to see different backgrounds and characters. It also influenced me by making sure that my game is good enough for the audience to see and to play also because a game isn't just about its looks. It can also influence me by making sure people get my game and make sure that people think my game is interesting so they will want to play it over and over again. User experience influences my game because I don't want people thinking that my game is unfinished and incomplete. I want them to think that my game is really amazing and cool to play all the time they play the game.

My game right now compared to my start off point was definitely a change for me because I went from going to not even knowing how to work this too finishing it almost complete and cool to play. The features from my platformer game to my chase game were actually really different from each other. The features from my chase game took me a long time to just move my character away from my other character chasing it. The feature from my platformer game had made more sense I could move my character more smoothly and it could actually move to place. In the platformer game I could also make tons of level which are easier from me to make now since I got taught too. My chase game compared to my platformer game was really different I think i'm more proud of my platformer game than my chase game because my platformer game was more advanced and my chase game well I was completely lost on my chase game so I had no idea what to do.

My best code was my moving, sensing, broadcasting code. Which is in my screenshot that I took of it you can look at it if you want to learn how to move forward and jumping and the same time you can also learn how to move backward in my code. My most difficult bug fixes were actually with my variables that I had made. My velocity was kind of hard to find out because when I used it my game went wonky and I started all over and made it exactly how the video taught me and actually it had finally worked. My best code was also one of my difficult bug fixes but I managed to fix it to be perfect too use for my game. I am really proud of the work I made and I want to make more games as we get more into coding.

10 comments:

  1. I like the background for this game. In fact I even used it myself.
    The game can be a bit glitchy and doesn't gain points.
    Also I like the way the characters match the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how smoothly your sprites move. I'm confused of why I'm moving one sprite but the bat sprite is getting the point, I think you should change the point gaining to the other sprite. I like how everything matches in your game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your game so fun to play, the keys functioned well 😃
    You could've made the sprite move more smother and faster😁
    But overall I loved it and it was easy to win👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job your main sprite moved very smooth
    I got really confused with the scoring am I the chaser and I get a point every time I touch the bat or am I suppose to get at least points as possible?
    Great job making your artificial intelligence

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the smooth moving of the sprite. Although, it would be good to use a "stop all" block when you lose or finish. I love the wait time between jumps it adds more spice to the game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great game i like how it automatically bounced. Although, You could make the sprite jump a little bit higher. Good job keep it up it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally love this game Ashley, your game is really fun to play. For your last level you could make it easier and make the jump for your sprite higher so you can pass through the blue lines. Overall, your game is entertaining and it's an instinct to play it until you win!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked how you put instructions at the bottom of the games. You could have made that pool on the second level shorter. I really liked the layout of your game.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the way that you had more than one level making it more interesting and addictive.I think that something you could do to make your game better would have to be to make your sprite be able to jump higher and also make sure that the player is able to control the jumping so that it is not just automatic.I think that one flaw would have to be not being able to get over the blue lines on the third level.If you going to have the jumping set to that then make the lines shorter.I really like the way you had to get to the block to get to the next level.:))AWSOME JOB THOUGH:))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked how smooth and easy to play the game was. Maybe consider making the sprite land at the bottom instead of beneath the bottom. You had a really engaging and fun game!

    ReplyDelete

Music Video Finale

Welcome Back! On to the next project, Music Videos. For our new project I have three teammates and the team leader is Alaka'i then m...